It’s been awhile since I’ve posted a dessert, and these sweet babies were calling to me. No lie, this is one of the BEST DESSERTS EVER! If you’re a cookie dough lover like me you need to make these asap!
These sandwiches are SUPER rich and decadent. You’ll definitely want a nice cold glass of milk to wash them down. I like that you can use a boxed brownie mix because it makes things so much easier! Really the only hard part was getting the brownie discs to be the same size on the pan. I recommend using a cookie scoop to try and keep them equal.
Ok I lied…the hardest part is waiting for the brownie to cool so you can top it with cookie dough! And no worries, it doesn’t have any raw egg in it, so it’s safe to eat uncooked.
I just cannot express to you how amazing these things were. You just have to try them yourself!
- Box of brownie mix of your choice (I used a fudge brownie mix which was delicious, but I think a regular mix would be more puffy)
- Necessary ingredients listed on box (e.g. eggs, oil, etc)
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 2½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Heat Oven to 325° F.
- Prepare brownie batter according to instructions on box.
- Spoon tablespoonfuls of brownie batter, one at a time, onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until puffed and cracked. (Mine never really puffed or cracked...I think because I used fudgy brownie mix).
- Allow to cool completely on pan.
- Meanwhile, using electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar on high speed until creamy and fluffy.
- Mix in the confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the flour and salt.
- Mix in the milk and vanilla extract until smooth and combined.
- Fold in Chocolate Chips.
- Once brownie cookies are cool, spread half with the cookie dough frosting and sandwich with the remaining cookies.
Source: Tidy Mom