Happy Hump Day, everyone! I hope you’re having an excellent week so far. This first official week of Spring (which is also Spring Break for most of the schools in our area) has been very bipolar with the weather. We had a couple days in the low 70s with blue skies, and then went right back into the 40s with lots of wind and rain. Not cool, Mother Nature! I hope that wherever you are, you’re enjoying some beautiful weather, but if not, hang in there!
This dish is one that you will enjoy no matter what time of year, because Greek food is ALWAYS delicious. This recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight because it’s on the table in less than 30 minutes AND it’s a one-pan recipe so you don’t even have to worry about doing dishes! Those are my FAVORITES!
Not only is it delicious, quick, and require little cleanup, but it’s also Weight Watchers approved! I got the recipe from eMeals which is one of my favorite resources because it always has lots of healthy, easy recipes.
WW Points: 7
- ½ lb lean ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped sweet onions
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup fat-free beef broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ¾ cup uncooked penne pasta
- ½ (9 oz) box chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- ¼ cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Brown ground beef and onions in a medium pan over medium heat, about 8 to 10 minutes; drain off any fat.
- Stir in oregano, cinnamon, garlic powder, tomatoes, beef broth and tomato paste. Then stir in penne pasta and cover.
- Cook 10 minutes or until pasta is almost done.
- Stir in spinach and 2 tablespoons feta cheese. Cover and cook 5 minutes more. Top with remaining 2 tablespoons feta cheese.