Spring is finally here, and that means it’s strawberry season! I love strawberries. I love the “you-pick” fields where you can go and get a whole gallon of fresh strawberries….they’re way better than the ones from the store. I mean WAY WAY better. But hey, if all you have is store-bought ones, that’s quite alright! This dish will be amazing no matter where you got your berries 🙂
This dish is a great blend of savory and sweet flavors. The pork chops with herbs provide the savory, and the strawberries and honey provide the sweet. The original recipe actually says to cook the pork chops on the stovetop, but we wanted to grill ours and make the most of this beautiful weather. You can use whichever cooking method you prefer!
This dish really has a lot going on for it. It’s delicious and beautiful on a plate. It also only takes about 30 minutes to make, which is great for weeknights! But here is the really great part…it’s a low cal recipe! You can feel good about what you’re serving to your family! This recipe came from my eMeals Low Calorie Plan! Check it out, they have tons of awesome, simple recipes.
- 4 (4-oz) boneless center-cut loin pork chops
- ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided (if cooking chops on the stovetop)
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper; rub with garlic and rosemary.
- If cooking chops on the stovetop, heat ½ tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork chops to pan; cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from skillet, and keep warm.
- If cooking on the grill, place chops on preheated grill and cook over medium heat until done. About 10 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, add strawberries, vinegar, and honey to skillet. Cook 8 to 10 minutes over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until sauce is slightly thickened.
- To serve, spoon strawberry mixture on top of pork chops.