About a month ago, I posted a recipe/giveaway with Mooney Farms and their Sun Dried Tomato products. They sent me several different flavors and forms of sun dried tomatoes, so now I have a LOT in my pantry. They aren’t exactly something I use daily, so I’ve been looking for various ways to use them in recipes.
I’m really glad I found this sun dried tomato marinade for grilled chicken because it was REALLY good! Sometimes marinades just give a little flavor, or the flavor doesn’t really absorb deep into the chicken. This one, however, provided lots of robust flavor! The tomatoes and basil especially add a lot to the chicken. I’ve also found that marinades that contain oil (which this one does) actually do a better job of sticking to the meat and makes the outside sear better, sealing in all the juiciness.
This is definitely one to try out now that you’re dusting off your grill for spring and summertime!
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 small chicken breasts
- Combine the wine, tomatoes, basil, olive oil, garlic, pepper, and salt in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Add the mixture with the chicken to a zip lock or storage container. Make sure the chicken is covered in the sauce.
- Marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Grill about 20-30 minutes over medium heat, or until they reach an internal temperature of 160F.