Everyone loves pizza, but kids REALLY love pizza. As an adult I’m like, “I guess I’ll just do pizza for dinner.” But as a child, I was like, “YEEEESSSSS IT’S PIZZA NIGHT! THIS IS THE BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!”
This meal is definitely one that your kids will love! Not only do they get to eat pizza (or in their minds, the greatest food ON THE PLANET), but it’s a fun single serve size! And it’s so easy to make, your little chef can actually help you in the kitchen! It’s like they get all the fun and experience of stretching and smushing homemade pizza crust, but it’s just biscuit dough! Genius! Since everyone can make their own individual pizzas, each family member can put only the toppings they want. No more kids complaining about onions and peppers, and no more adults complaining about how boring plain cheese pizza is.
My one complaint about this dish is that the biscuit dough REALLY soaked up the sauce. So it was a little dry. Originally I used 1 cup of pizza sauce, but I put 1 1/2 cups in the recipe because I really think it’d make it better. Use your own judgement and make it fit your own taste!
- 1 can Grands Homestyle Biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups of pizza sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 2 cups shredded Italian Blend cheese
- toppings of choice (pepperoni, sausage, veggies, chicken, anything!)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a cookie sheet or pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray. (I didn't have a cookie sheet big enough for all 8 biscuits, so I had to use 2)
- Flatten each biscuit out on pan until they are 6 inches in diameter. Spread a layer of pizza sauce onto each biscuit. (the biscuits really absorb the sauce, so it's ok if you go a little heavy.)
- Sprinkle 1 Tablespoon shredded Italian Blend cheese onto each biscuit. Top with your toppings of choice. Sprinkle an additional 3 tablespoons Italian Blend cheese onto each pizza.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 7-10 minutes, until biscuits are golden brown on edges and cheese is bubbly. Serve immediately.