This dish is simply amazing. It is SO quick, SO easy, and SO delicious! Seriously, all you do is boil the tortellini, and then “toss” together all the other ingredients with it. It takes less than 30 minutes, people! What more could you want?! This recipe came from my eMeals Low Calorie Meal Plan. I love that they are all so simple, quick, and easy.
This dish tasted so fresh, thanks to the basil and tomatoes. When I served it, the pasta was warm and the other ingredients were cool. I was wondering if I should heat it all up or if I should let it cool. I really loved it with the warm pasta and chilled complimentary ingredients. The next day, I ate the leftovers cold and it was delicious that way too!
The real star of this dish is the dressing! It’s a combo of ranch dressing mix (the powder), olive oil, red wine vinegar, and crushed red pepper. It really moistens the pasta to keep it from getting sticky and gives it lots of flavor!
- 2 (9-oz) packages refrigerated whole-wheat three-cheese tortellini
- 1 (9-oz) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed (I just used a can of chopped artichoke hearts so there was no thawing)
- 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Ranch dressing mix (from a 1-oz envelope)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup torn fresh basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding artichokes during last 3 minutes of cooking; drain.
- Toss together pasta mixture, chicken and tomatoes.
- Whisk together oil, dressing mix, vinegar and red pepper.
- Toss pasta mixture with dressing, and sprinkle with basil.
If you can't find whole-wheat tortellini, substitute regular three-cheese tortellini.