Y’all, college football starts in TWO WEEKS! I can hardly contain myself! Last year, my Auburn Tigers came SO CLOSE to taking home the championship (like within 19 seconds kinda close). I’m excited to see how our team performs this year!
As if football season isn’t already exciting enough, today I have a GIVEAWAY to offer to all of you fabulous readers! The lovely people over at Wilton Armetale want YOU to be prepared for tailgating this season. So they are offering a prize package worth over $300!!! Check out the picture below to see what you could win!
They sent me their pizza tray so that I could see just how awesome their products are! First of all, this stuff is built to last. It’s heavy duty material that has a lifetime guarantee against breakage. You also don’t have to worry about it rusting like cast iron. These dishes are built for cooking AND serving so that’s less dishes you have to wash. Plus, they keep your food warmer for longer on the table. On the grill, these are perfect for foods that might slip through the grates. Also, don’t let the name “grillware” fool you. You can also use them in the oven! And they’re safe to put in the freezer too! Just beware that they’re not dishwasher safe.
Now, because I know you’re mouth is still watering from those amazing pictures up above, allow me to tell you a bit about these grilled nachos. First off, THEY WERE AMAZING! Oh my gosh it was like eating happiness. I had never grilled nachos before, so this was a new experience for me. And clearly, the “pizza tray” that I received from Gourmet Grillware can be used for much more than pizza! (But I do have plans to make a grilled pizza sometime in the near future) This recipe is super easy because all it is is taco meat, chips, and toppings. It’s really all about the presentation in that beautiful pyramid! Don’t worry if you don’t have a grill tray, you could easily heat these up in the oven instead! And if you don’t want to take the time to build a pyramid, just dump all the ingredients in a large baking dish, and they will still be delicious! As we were eating them, I became extremely disappointed that I was not watching a football game. Nachos are perfect football food! This makes enough to serve 4 as an entree, but it’d be great as an appetizer or party finger food as well. I can’t wait to make these again when we have friends over for a game!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning (and water as directed on pkg)
- 1 can (4.5 ounces) chopped green chiles, drained
- 5 cups tortilla chips
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 24 oz Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped, seeds removed
- 2 green onions sliced
- Optional Toppings: Jalapeños, Sour Cream, Salsa, Guacamole
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium high heat. Add taco seasoning and water according to package directions.
- Add chiles. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and allow to simmer and thicken for about 5 minutes.
- On grill tray (or pizza stone), place a single layer of tortilla chips. Sprinkle about one-fourth of the meat and one-fourth of the black beans, tomatoes, and green onions over the chips. Top with one-fourth of the Monterrey jack. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to create 3 more layers, making each layer slightly narrower than the previous one so the nachos resemble a pyramid-shaped mound.
- Carefully place tray on grill and cook over medium high heat with the lid closed for about 10 minutes, or until all the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- If desired, sprinkle on some additional tomatoes and onions as well as other optional toppings.
- If you are cooking this in the oven instead of the grill, cook for about 12-15 minutes at 325 degrees F. Nachos are ready once all the cheese is melted and bubbly so keep an eye on them to avoid burning.
*Disclaimer: I received this Gourmet Grillware Pizza Tray to facilitate this post. All opinions are 100% my own.*