Happy Birthday to my awesome Daddy! That’s right, my dear old dad had a birthday yesterday. So it only seemed appropriate to post these awesome Cake Batter Blondies!
Everybody loves funfetti! It’s so colorful and happy…and it just makes ya feel like a kid again to eat it! These are perfect for birthdays, but really are great for any occasion! This weekend is Labor Day AND the first weekend of college football. I’m sure you can find an excuse to make these tasty treats even if no one is celebrating a birthday!
I love how crazy easy these are to make! It only took ONE bowl and you don’t even need a mixer. Just a bowl, a spoon, a measuring cup, and a 9×13 pan for baking. Usually when I bake I have about two dozen dishes in the sink to clean, so I really appreciated the easy cleanup! I also am
ridiculously slightly addicted to anything with the phrase “cake batter” in the title. These would really be great served with a scoop of ice cream…especially if it’s Cold Stone Creamery’s CAKE BATTER ice cream. That would basically be cake batter heaven on a plate.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 -1/2 cup milk (less is better)
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray 9x13 baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl. Add the milk slowly. You want to cake batter to be as dense & thick as possible. Mix in the sprinkles and white chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared baking pan, sprinkle a few more sprinkles on top, and bake for 25-30 minutes until edges are just turning brown.
- Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes so the center sets, before cutting into squares.
*The blondies will look like they are not fully done because the center will be quite gooey, but that’s what you want! After about 30 minutes of cooling, they will be easy to cut using a serrated knife.
*Do not use BLACK sprinkles swirled into the blondies. It will turn the batter black before baking.
Source: Sally’s Baking Addiction