Have you ever heard of White Trash Dip? It’s a sinful concoction made with chili, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and bacon. In other words, it’s perfect for football parties! Cuz nothing says sports like artery-clogging goodness. This amazingly delicious dip was the inspiration for my sliders!
These sliders are similar to a sloppy joe…just with some cheese and chili added in! I loved how quick and easy these were to make. Usually on Gameday Saturdays, I’m trying to cook WHILE watching football on TV, and sometimes that can lead to dishes not turning out so great….I can’t help it if I get excited and forget about things on the stove. But these were so quick, I could almost do it in a commercial break. This recipe is also easy to double if you’ve got a large group at your football party.
- 1 lb lean ground beef (pork would be really good too!)
- 1/2 lb velveeta, cut into cubes
- 1/2 can chili
- 12 slider buns or dinner rolls
- Brown ground beef over medium high heat until cooked through.
- Add velveeta and chili. Simmer, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted. (The smaller your cubes, the faster it will melt. Mine was totally melted in less than 2 minutes).
- Serve on warmed slider buns.