Reason #1…This meal is so. so. good. The prep time seriously only took me about 5 minutes. I mean, I was done prepping and assembling by the time my oven preheated. That’s pretty dang fast. It does have to bake for 45 minutes so it’s not super quick to the table. But that’s 45 minutes you can spend helping little Billy with his homework or even watching an episode of Wheel of Fortune. Cuz all the actual work is done in like a blink of an eye (ok maybe slightly longer than that, but not much). Given how easy it was to make, I wasn’t sure if it would taste great…but oh my goodness…it was DELICIOUS! It’s a serious comfort food. Gooey cheese and savory flavors just rocked my world. And you would never even know that this dish has only 420 calories per serving! It tastes way too good to be healthy, but it is!
Reason #2…I’m gonna share with you about eMeals, a meal-planning resource that will make your life SO much easier! I discuss it in detail on my Meal Planning page, but I’ll give you the gist of it now. First, you subscribe for one of their many Meal Plan Options. You can choose from Low Calorie (which is what I mainly use), Clean Eating, Gluten-Free, Kid Friendly, 30 Minute Meals, and more! Then each week they send you an email with your week’s meal plan, including recipes for 7 entrees and side dishes, and a grocery list already pre-made for you! It’s that simple! I’ve used it for 4 years and it has saved me both time and money. I definitely recommend it!
And Reason #3…I am GIVING AWAY a 3 month subscription to eMeals for one lucky winner! Yaaayyy! I promise, once you have 3 months of already planned meals, you’ll be hooked. And trust me, you’ll DEFINITELY want to enter, because there might even be a consolation prize for y’all :-). Just follow the instructions below the recipe to enter.
- 2 links fully-cooked Italian chicken sausage, sliced (You could substitute kielbasa if you prefer)
- 11⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 25 oz jar low-sodium marinara sauce
- 2 (9-oz) packages refrigerated light four-cheese ravioli
- 10 oz package fresh spinach
- 11⁄2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook sausage in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until browned, stirring often. Remove from heat.
- Spread one- third of marinara sauce in a 9x13 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with half of ravioli. Layer spinach over ravioli; top with sausage, remaining ravioli and remaining marinara sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Bake 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly and browned.