Halloween is less than a week away, so I thought I’d post a recipe that you could make for your kickin’ Halloween parties! These bars are easy to make and require only a few ingredients. I love using cake mix in dessert recipes! Even though these have the word “cake” in their name, they are not very cakey. They’re dense, rich, and even a little sticky. I made these for my co-workers, and they LOVED it. Several asked me for the recipe. Anything that’s covered in sweetened condensed milk is sure to be delicious.
One great thing about these bars is that you can customize them for different holidays! The bars pictured have the white chocolate “candy corn” m&ms that stores roll out during the Fall. But there are lots of varieties of m&ms for almost every holiday! Think pink/red for Valentine’s, green/red for Christmas, red/white/blue for Independence Day, pastels for Easter, etc. These sweet treats could make an appearance at nearly every holiday party you throw next year.
- 1 white cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1 bag M&Ms (Halloween, Valentine, Christmas, Easter or just regular!)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together cake mix, egg and butter. Pat into a foil lined and well greased 9×13″ pan.
- Pour bag of M&Ms over the cake mix crust. Sprinkle white chocolate chips over the M&Ms. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over everything.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until edges start to turn golden brown and the condensed milk looks a little bubbly. Allow bars to cool before cutting.
Source: The Gunny Sack