Hello there readers! I hope you are doing well! I am home sick today which is no fun. As I write this post, I’m lying on the couch under a blanket with a box of tissues, a bottle of medicine, and Price is right on the TV. It’s pretty much the classic image of what a sick day looks like. But I refuse to let that stop me from posting a yummy recipe for y’all!
When you’re not feeling well, all you want to eat is comfort food. To me, comfort food means cheese, pasta, and maybe some bacon. Today’s recipe definitely satisfies that comfort food craving, whether you’re sick or not! It’s also easy enough to throw together that you can manage to cook a tasty dinner, even when you’re not feeling 100%. Just boil some gnocchi, combine it with only 5 other ingredients, and bake. It’s that simple.
This dish was absolutely delicious. I haven’t used gnocchi very much at all in cooking, but I think I will use it more often! It’s really easy to make and so tasty. It also absorbs the alfredo flavor nicely!
- 3 cups gnocchi (17.6 oz. package)
- 2 cups frozen broccoli
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 - 15 ounce jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook the gnocchi according to the package directions. Drain.
- Stir together the gnocchi, broccoli, chicken, bacon, and Alfredo sauce. Spoon into a casserole dish.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-22 minutes. Turn oven to broil for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown. Make sure you keep an eye on it because it will brown quickly.
For the chicken, you can use a rotisserie, a bag of refrigerated chicken pieces, or just cook some chicken breasts and dice it up!
Instead of cooking my own bacon, I just use a bag of real bacon pieces. It's so much faster and easier, and it still tastes great!
Source: Inside Bru Crew Life