Thanksgiving is just a few days away! Have you made the meal plan, bought the groceries, cleaned the fine china, and all that comes along with this holiday? I know my family has been prepping for a week or two. It may be a lot of work, but it’s worth it to enjoy a nice meal together with family and reflect on all our blessings.
If you have family staying at your house, you have to play hostess for much more than one meal. That’s why I’m posting this Cinnamon Cream Cheese Square recipe today! It’s a very simple breakfast that you could serve to your overnight guests. But even though it’s simple, with just a handful of ingredients, it’s still out-of-this-world delicious! It’s so sweet, it really tastes like a dessert. In fact, I’ve seen some people refer to this dish as “Sopapilla Cheesecake.” Cheesecake doesn’t sound breakfasty, but trust me, no one will mind! I’ve made this a few times for church breakfasts, and I’ve gotten SO many requests for the recipe! And there’s never any leftovers.
I hope you each have a wonderful Thanksgiving full of love and laughter!
- 2 packages Pilsbury crescent rolls (reduced fat is fine)
- 2 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened (reduced fat is fine)
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread one container of crescent rolls on the bottom of a sprayed 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix together cream cheese, 1 c of sugar, and vanilla. Spread evenly over the crescent dough.
- Unroll second container of crescent rolls and gently lay on top of cream cheese. Pour melted butter over the dough.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar and cinnamon on top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until lightly browned.