You may have seen this recipe before, because it is ALL OVER pinterest! It has to be one of the year’s most popular pins. And now that I’ve tried it, I can see why!
This recipe is incredibly easy to make! We’re talking so easy you a child could do it. I mean…if you’re cool with a child using your stove and oven. So if you have a kid who is at that age where they’re able to cook safely and you’re wanting them to take up a little bit more responsibility, this would be the perfect recipe for them!
Not only is it really easy, but it’s also delicious! It’s got all the makings of serious comfort food: cheese, bread, spaghetti sauce, more cheese. It really does have the flavors of lasagna, but on biscuits instead of pasta. So if you like lasagna, and you like saving time, I definitely recommend this recipe!
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 jar (24 oz) spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 can (12 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury Grands Jr flaky biscuits
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a skillet, brown Italian sausage. Drain fat. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Set aside to cool.
- Cut biscuits into quarters. Place in medium bowl. Toss biscuits with meat sauce, cottage cheese and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Pour mixture into prepared 9x13-inch pan. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until biscuits are done.
Source: Plain Chicken