Can you believe that 2014 is almost over?! I hope your year was full of blessings and joy. I know mine was. Thanks for being a part of my little corner of the world here on Normal Cooking.
Are you making any New Year’s Resolutions? Now is the time to start brainstorming and setting goals for 2015. Obviously, most people resolve to lose weight and get fit in the New Year…or at least lose some of those extra pounds gained since Thanksgiving. I hate to be cliche’, but that’s actually my resolution this year, for the first time ever. I’ve always tried to stay active and eat relatively healthy, but lately I’ve just noticed a little bit more jiggle when I wiggle, ya know?
So maybe your resolution is to get healthy, too. Or maybe it’s to be more budget-conscious. Or maybe it’s simply to spend more time with your family. I actually know of a great resource that can help you with all three, and it’s called eMeals. I have been using eMeals for 4 years now, and it has really made meal planning so much quicker. They have sixteen different meal plans for you to try, including clean eating, low fat, low cal, portion control, just to name a few. They provide you with 7 meal options for the week and give you a pre-made grocery list! eMeals really helps me stick to a budget too, but now they are also offering a budget-friendly meal plan to help your dollar stretch further. All of the recipes I’ve made with eMeals are simple with common ingredients (perfect for Normal Cooks like me!). If you’re looking to spend less time cooking and more time with your family, check out their 30-minute meals or slow cooker plans! They’re also currently offering two free weeks of meal plans for you to give it a “test run” and see if it works for you. This is a product I really believe in, or I wouldn’t be blogging about it! I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!
This one-dish sausage and tortellini dinner came from the Low Calorie Plan, which I love! I would’ve never guessed that cheese filled tortellini could ever be considered low cal, but it is! I love eating delicious meals that don’t even taste at all like diet food. And my husband does too 🙂
- 1 (14-oz) pkg smoked turkey sausage (kielbasa)
- 2 (9-oz) pkg refrigerated whole-wheat three-cheese tortellini
- 1 (28-oz) can no-salt-added crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14-oz) can fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut sausage into 1⁄4-inch-thick slices. Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add tortellini, tomatoes, broth, seasoning, garlic powder and pepper; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until tortellini is done.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.