Hello there, lovely readers! I sincerely apologize for being absent recently. It has been (gasp) 13 days since my last post! I try to provide y’all with recipes a couple times a week, but I’ve been slacking off recently as my work has really picked up since the new year! You know how it is. Thanks for being understanding.
So as I said, I’ve been REALLY busy the past couple weeks. After moving into a new home and getting it decorated and homey, settling into a new job, and also working another job to fill in for a maternity leave, things have been hectic around here! I’ve really relied on recipes like this one to get us through. I use my slow cooker several nights a week because it is just so convenient. This recipe is cheap, easy, and DELICIOUS. When my friends ask me for an easy weeknight meal with few ingredients, this is often the one I recommend.
The name says it all. This recipe requires 3 packets of seasoning and a roast. That’s it. But it turns out so moist and flavorful, you’d think it was way more complex. I definitely recommend serving mashed potatoes with this dish because this gravy is too good to waste on a plate! And I love that there’s plenty of extra gravy for the mashed potatoes. No rationing out the liquid onto your plates.
- 1 cup water
- 1 packet Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix (regular or buttermilk)
- 1 packet brown gravy mix
- 1 (3 pound) boneless beef chuck roast
- In a small bowl, whisk together the water and all 3 packets of seasoning.
- Place the roast into a sprayed slow cooker, and pour the sauce over top.
- Cook on Low until the roast is easily pierced by a fork, 6 to 8 hours.
Source: All Recipes