Tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday! Now if you’ve ready many of my blog posts, you probably know that I’m an avid football fan, but my main obsession is college football, particularly the SEC and my Auburn Tigers. I’m not nearly as passionate about the NFL, but I DO love a good, ol’ fashioned Super Bowl party with friends and lots of food.
So in honor of the Super Bowl, today’s dish would be perfect to serve at a party! Sausage balls are a classic appetizer, and everybody loves them. This recipe is my favorite sausage ball recipe EVER! I always say if you want to make a recipe better, just add cheese, and that’s exactly what we’ve done here. These are totally addictive. I also like that this recipe makes a TON so it’s great for serving a crowd. While this recipe is very simple, it does take awhile to roll 80 sausage balls, but you can actually make these ahead and refrigerate or freeze them, so that’s helpful!
- 3 cups Original Bisquick mix
- 1 pound uncooked pork sausage (mild or hot, depending on your taste)
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a large jelly roll pan. (or 2 medium ones to make sure you can fit all the sausage balls)
- In large bowl, stir together all ingredients. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Place on pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brown. Immediately remove from pan. Serve warm.
Make Ahead Instructions: -Cover and refrigerate unbaked balls up to 24 hours. Bake as directed.
-Cover and freeze unbaked balls up to 1 month. Heat oven to 350ºF. Place frozen balls on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until brown.
Freezing Instructions: -Bake as directed; cover and freeze up to 1 month. Heat oven to 350ºF. Place frozen balls on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through.
Source: Betty Crocker