It’s finally Spring! I don’t know about you, but I’m so glad to be leaving winter behind. One of my favorite things about the onset of Spring is the Easter holiday. I love reflecting on what Jesus did for me on the cross and rejoicing in His resurrection! He conquered death! What is more exciting than that?! It’s also a time when families come together, enjoy a meal, and spend time with one another.
So in honor of those holiday family dinners, I thought I’d post this delicious side dish that is sure to be a hit with the whole family! These are so good and so addicting it’s like crack…hence the name. If you’ve never checked out Plain Chicken‘s blog, you definitely should! She has tons of great recipes, and several other “cracked out” recipes like this one. What makes a dish “cracked out” you may ask? It’s the combo of cheese, bacon, and ranch seasoning, that beautiful food trifecta.
This is one of the easiest recipes you’ll ever make. It just includes 5 ingredients, and all you do is mix and bake. Then take this to your next family gathering and soak up the praises they will sing of you.
- 2 (16oz) containers sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 (3oz) bags real bacon bits
- 2 packages Ranch Dip mix
- 1 large (28 - 30oz) bag frozen hash brown potatoes - shredded kind
- Take the hashbrowns out of the freezer and set out to thaw slightly. They don't need to thaw all the way, but you need to be able to stir them, so you just don't want it to be a solid brick. I let mine sit out for about 5-10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine first 4 ingredients. Mix in hash browns. Spread into a 9x13 pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
Source: Plain Chicken