One of my favorite summer foods is the delicious peach! And even though our neighbor Georgia is known as the Peach State, Alabama has some darn good peaches too. Peaches are one of those things that you just can’t eat out of season. As much as I wish they were a year-round treat, any peach you may find in the winter will be bitter and sour. So when summertime comes around, ya gotta make the most of this peachy opportunity!
This recipe has everything going for it. First of all, other than buying the pork chops and the peaches, I had the other few necessary ingredients to make this dish already in my kitchen. And you probably do too! Also, this meal is a breeze to cook. Just a couple of simple steps which only total about 30 minutes of cooking time is awesome. And the combination of peach and pork was like they were meant for each other! The savory pork and sweet peach are so delicious together. Bonus: this dish looks beautiful on the plate with the sunset colors of the peach. Lastly, this is a LOW CAL meal! Even though it’s low cal, you definitely won’t feel hungry afterward because the servings are not skimpy. At only 330 calories per serving, this is a healthy, delicious, and family pleasing meal you’ll want to make over and over every summer!
I got this recipe from my eMeals Low Calorie Meal Plan. Sign up for your own meal plan (there are many different ones to pick from) and you can get awesome recipes like this, along with grocery lists sent straight to your inbox! It’s worth every penny and actually saves you money by helping you stick to a meal plan. (Plus, you can do a 14 day free trial to see if you like it!)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 (4-oz) boneless center-cut pork loin chops
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 medium peaches, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine vinegar, lemon juice, and honey; brush evenly over pork chops. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Brush peaches with oil.
- Grill pork, covered with grill lid, 3 minutes per side or until done. Grill peaches, cut sides down and covered with grill lid, 4 minutes or until tender.
- Cut peaches into wedges. Top each pork chop evenly with peaches.
WW Smart Points = 6