Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there! Even though Father’s Day is technically not until tomorrow, I figured you guys deserved a whole weekend to celebrate. I hope you spend the weekend with your families, surrounded by your loving wives and children! I don’t know about y’all, but in my family, everything is celebrated with food. Everything. And so in honor of Father’s Day, I thought I’d post this delicious dish that is sure to please fathers everywhere!
First, I should say, I don’t even like beer, and I loved this dish! So if you’re like me, and you’re not a fan of beer, don’t worry. It doesn’t actually taste like beer. But this chicken is SUPER moist, tender, and flavorful! Sometimes we marinate chicken and then you can’t even really taste the flavors of the marinade, but that’s not the case with this recipe. You can definitely taste the lime! I also liked how pretty these looked right off the grill!
I hope you all enjoy this dish with your family, on Father’s Day or otherwise!
- 8-10 chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 cup beer (Any beer will work. I think a lime beer adds to the lime flavor)
- handful of chopped fresh parsley
- Salt to taste
- Place drumsticks in a ziploc bag.
- Mix together the olive oil, onion salt, paprika, ground cumin, 1/4 of a teaspoon of cayenne powder and ground black pepper.
- Squeeze in half of a lime and garlic. Pour in beer. Stir everything together. Add salt to taste. Mix in a handful of chopped parsley.
- Seal the bag, and allow chicken to marinate for at least a couple of hours in the refrigerator, even longer if possible.
- Preheat grill to low heat. Add chicken to grill (do not discard marinade). Grill for about 7 minutes per side or until done, basting with marinade occasionally throughout the cooking process.
Source: Recipe Mothers