It’s officially slow cooker season! I mean, I know most of us use our slow cookers year-round, but in the colder months, my crock pot does overtime, cooking up soups, chilis, and other hearty foods that cold bodies crave. This particular slow cooker recipe, however, will be one I make throughout the year! It’s delicious, easy, budget-friendly, and healthy! What more can you ask for?!
I’ll be honest, I expected this recipe to be kinda bland. But I was pleasantly surprised to find that it actually has delicious flavor! That lil packet of Italian dressing mix really is the tiny hero of flavor. Meanwhile, the cream cheese is the hero of rich, creamy texture. Together, they make a great team.
I love that this a super easy slow cooker recipe that turned out so surprisingly well. But it’s also pretty great that it’s a healthy recipe! Each serving only has 311 calories, 10 g of fat, and is 7 WW+ points. But trust me, you’d never know it was so good for you when your chowing down on this creamy, tasty dish! Isn’t that the best kind of healthy meal?
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup water
- 8-ounce reduced-fat cream cheese
- 12-ounce package frozen broccoli
- 10.5-ounce can Campbell’s® Healthy Request Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 0.6-ounce package Italian dressing, dry mix
- Place chicken in the bottom of sprayed slow cooker.
- Combine Italian dressing and water. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, or until chicken is cooked through. (My crock pot cooks super hot, and chicken is usually done in only 4 hours. So times may vary)
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred. Leave the liquid in the slow cooker.
- Mix together soup and cream cheese. Pour cream cheese mixture into the slow cooker and mix with the liquid.
- Stir broccoli into the slow cooker mixture. Add shredded chicken back to the slow cooker and mix well.
- Replace lid and cook until heated through (about 30 minutes).
WW+ Points = 7
This dish is great plain, but you could also try serving it over rice or noodles.
Source: Skinny Mom