Tomorrow is Super Bowl 50! Go Panthers! I’m so excited to watch my main man Cam Newton win his first super bowl (and be named MVP of the NFL)!
My favorite thing about Super Bowl Sunday is that it’s a day for friends to get together, eat lots of unhealthy food, and have fun! Whether you care about football, the NFL, or which teams are playing, it’s still an event that gives people an excuse to have a party!
And no party is complete without delicious appetizers. These sweet, bacon-wrapped lil smokies are so good! Anything wrapped in bacon is always a hit. This appetizer only requires 4 ingredients and is easy to make. Perfect for serving up at your Super Bowl party!
- 16 oz package of Lil Smokies
- 1 package of bacon
- 2 cups brown sugar, divided
- 1 stick of butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the bacon into thirds and wrap each smokie. Place all the wrapped smokies in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Melt the stick of butter and add 1 cup of brown sugar. Stir until mixed well.
- Pour the butter, brown sugar mixture over the smokies and bacon. Sprinkle the remaining cup of brown sugar evenly over the smokies.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Turn the oven up to 400 for about 5 minutes or longer until the bacon becomes crispy.
Source: Crazy Jamie