I love the simplicity of this dish. Just sautee some shrimp and garlic, boil some orzo pasta, and combine with marina sauce and feta. It’s that easy! And it only takes about 10 minutes to make. I’m a huge fan of any delicious recipe that can be cooked up in 10 minutes, and I bet you are too.
Do you have one “go-to” recipe that you always resort to when you are short on time and short on ideas? I think spaghetti is one of those dishes for most families. Just boil pasta, cook ground beef, add sauce, and BAM dinner’s ready. I know my mom made us tons of spaghetti throughout our childhood. And trust me, I’m not complaining about it because it was always good and always enjoyed by the whole family. I feel like this dish is maybe a slightly fancier version of that. Instead of spaghetti noodles it’s orzo, and instead of ground beef it’s shrimp. But the simplicity is the same, and it’s a dish your family will love!
I got this recipe from my eMeals Low Calorie Meal Plan. I LOVE the weekly recipes and pre-made grocery lists sent to my inbox. They have lots of different meal plans to pick from (paleo, classic, clean eating, portion control, etc) so you should check them out and see which plan works best for you!
- 1/2 (16 oz) box orzo pasta
- 11⁄2 lb unpeeled, medium-size raw shrimp,peeled and deveined
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 11⁄2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 (24.5-oz) jar lower-sodium marinara sauce
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, cook shrimp and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 2 minutes, stirring often. Stir in marinara sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 8 minutes or until shrimp are no longer pink and sauce is thoroughly heated.
- Combine pasta and shrimp mixture. Serve topped with feta.