Spring has finally arrived! At least here in the South it has. I know many of you up north are still experiencing cold and even lots of snow! And for that, you have my deepest condolences. Down South, we’ve been experiencing perfect 70 degree weather with blue skies and all the kids are enjoying spring break at the beach. So naturally, with the emergence of spring comes the emergence of the grill. And that means lots of grilling recipes coming your way!
This Citrus Grilled Chicken is awesome due to (and even in spite of) its simplicity! This recipe is proof that you don’t need a lot of ingredients to make grilled chicken delicious. All you need is chicken, oranges, limes, oil, garlic, and salt ‘n’ pepper. That’s it! The longer you marinate the chicken the better, so try to plan ahead. The result is delicious, juicy chicken with a zip of citrus flavor and that chargrilled taste we love.
To make this dish even better, it’s really low calorie! Like only 170 calories per serving! That’s another beautiful thing about grilled chicken — it’s super healthy! I got this recipe from my eMeals Low Calorie Meal Plan! They have tons of Easy, Healthy Meal Plans to pick from for your family!
- 3 (8-oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 oranges
- 3 limes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp pepper
- After slicing chicken breasts in half, pound to 1⁄2-inch thickness.
- Grate orange and lime rinds into a large bowl. Squeeze juice from oranges into bowl. Add oil, garlic and chicken, tossing to coat. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight (the longer the better).
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium heat (400 degrees). Remove chicken from marinade, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken 8 minutes per side or until done.