This week is the final week of school for most kids around the country, which means SUMMER IS HERE! The best season of the year, in my humble opinion. I love everything about summer — the green grass, the long daylight hours, the fireflies, grilled dinners, swimming at the pool or lake. I just love it. Heck, summer is so great, there’s even a national holiday to kick it off. Memorial Day!
Since Memorial Day is just a couple days away, and I know you want to get summer started off right, I thought I’d share this sticky honey lime grilled chicken. That sticky sauce is finger-lickin’ good! This is a great recipe to make over and over again all summer long!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of honey
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Heat grill to 400 degrees.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the lime juice, honey and vinegar together, bring to a simmer and then remove from the burner to cool.
- Mix the seasonings together in a small bowl. Rub a little olive oil all over the chicken and then rub on the seasoning mix.
- Place chicken on the grill for 5 minutes, then begin to baste with half of the sauce mixture. Allow to cook for another 5 minutes (so 10 mins total per side). Flip the chicken. After 9 minutes, baste the other side. Reserve some of the sauce for dipping. Allow chicken to cook for 1-2 more minutes, or until done.
- Take the meat off of the grill and dip each piece in the remaining sauce then serve.
Source: Oh Sweet Basil