This weekend is Father’s Day! I hope you’ve made plans to visit with your dear old dad on Sunday and show him that you love him! And as everyone knows, the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. If you really want to show a man you care, you cook for him! (Tip for the fellas: I think this is pretty true of ladies too). So this weekend, fix Dad a meal he’ll really enjoy. Might I suggest this Sweet Maple BBQ Chicken?
I think Father’s Day and grilling go hand in hand. What says manliness like cooking over an open flame? This recipe is so easy to make, as your just tossing ingredients into a marinade. After the chicken has soaked in all the delicious marinade flavors, just throw it on the grill and watch that delicious maple-y sauce caramelize. I like that the sauce really sticks to the chicken and doesn’t just roll off. This would be great served up Skillet Corn Salad and Loaded Potato Casserole! I guarantee your Dad will love it!
- 2lbs. chicken tenders
- 1 (packed) cup brown Sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- ¼ heaping cup pure maple syrup, meaning a little over ¼ cup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Place chicken in a large ziploc bag. Mix all remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Let chicken marinate for at least 2-4 hours, but the longer the better! (I usually prepare my marinade the night before I want to eat it, so it can soak all night and all day).
- Heat a gas or charcoal grill to medium heat. Place chicken tenders on the grill and cook for about 10-12 minutes (or until done), turning once.
You can use chicken breasts instead of tenders if you prefer. You could also chop the chicken into bite size pieces and skewer them to make kebabs.
Source: A Dash of Sanity