STOP! Lemon Thyme! *does the MC Hammer dance* (I really hope you heard the song in your head as you read that…)
No for real though, stop what you’re doing and check out this Grilled Lemon Thyme Chicken! This recipe creates an incredibly simple marinade that has incredibly delicious flavor! With only 4 ingredients in the marinade, I was not expecting to be wowed. However, this tender, juicy chicken changed my mind with just one bite! Let this be a lesson: simplicity does not equal bland. We loved this dish, and since it’s so easy (and I have lots of thyme growing in my herb garden), we make it frequently!
Also, this is a super healthy meal! It only has 215 calories per serving! And if you’re on Weight Watchers, this chicken is only ONE smart point. That’s right. ONE. It’s really crazy that a dish this tasty could be so good for you! I got this recipe from my eMeals Portion Control Meal Plan! Check out all their Easy, Healthy Meal Plans to see which one fits your family!
- 4 (4-oz) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp minced fresh thyme (or use 1⁄2 tsp dried)
- 2 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp pepper
- Place chicken in a zip-top plastic bag. Add all remaining ingredients; seal bag, turning to coat. Chill a least 2 hours or up to 24 hours. (The longer the better!)
- Preheat grill to low heat (about 400 degrees). Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Grill chicken for about 7 minutes per side, or until done.
Weight Watchers SP = 1