When I think of summer eating, the first three things that pop into my mind are: grilled foods, peaches, and ice cream. Today’s recipe combines two of those things (though, I highly recommend having the third for dessert!), and the result is incredible! With summer winding down, I highly recommend you give this recipe a try while peaches are still in season and the weather is still prime for grilling!
As I’ve said many times before, grilling is the absolute BEST way to cook bacon! It is ssssssoooooo flavorful and way better than the skillet, microwave, or oven methods. But as if grilled bacon isn’t good enough on its own, we wrapped it around fresh peach slices and chicken pieces and slathered it in BBQ sauce. Y’all….IT. WAS. AMAZING. For a recipe that only has 4 ingredients, the flavor is unbelievable. It’s like summer on a skewer!
This recipe is really simple, which is nice. It does take a while to wrap the peach and chicken bites individually in bacon and then skewer them, especially because they’re slippery! So although it’s easy, it’s not super fast. Also, between the peach juice, the raw chicken juice, and the bacon, it’s a bit messy to make too. But that’s what Lysol is for. And trust me, these kebabs will be absolutely worth it because the whole family will love them!
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 16 bite size pieces
- 2 peaches, each cut into 8 pieces
- 8 slices thick cut bacon, cut crosswise in half
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Set aside 2 Tbsp. barbecue sauce. Stack a piece of chicken and peach slice, wrap with 1 bacon piece. Thread onto skewers and brush with remaining barbecue sauce.
- Grill 12 to 14 minutes or until chicken is done, brushing with reserved sauce the last 2 min.