COLLEGE FOOTBALL STARTS THIS WEEK!!! Here in the South (especially in our football-obsessed state of Alabama), we treat each gameday Saturday like a holiday. We don’t think of this time of year as “fall” or “autumn”…it’s simply “football season”.
Naturally, as a rabid Auburn fan and college football nut, my blog is packed with gameday recipes for tailgates and parties. Dips, brownies, appetizers, you name it, and I’ve gotchya covered for all your football party needs.
These Cheesy Sausage and Ranch Cups are great because they only use 4 ingredients! Plus, you can easily make them ahead of time and refrigerate or freeze until you’re ready to pop them in the oven at game time. Of course, with sausage, ranch, and cheese, you know these are gonna be tasty! You can make use mild sausage and regular ranch or kick up the heat with spicy sausage and even spicy ranch dressing!
- 1 lb pork sausage (mild or hot depending on your taste)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz Ranch dressing (try spicy ranch dressing for a little more kick!)
- 4 (15-count) packages frozen mini phyllo shells
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook sausage in a large skillet, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain grease.
- Combine the sausage, cheese, and Ranch dressing in a large bowl. Fill each phyllo shell with a heaping teaspoon of the sausage mixture. (Freeze at this point, if desired)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. (Add 2-3 minutes to baking time if frozen)
Source: Plain Chicken