Today’s recipe is one that is quick, easy, healthy, and budget friendly! It doesn’t get much better than that, folks. I love the crunchy pretzel texture, with a bit of saltiness, doused in sweet and savory honey mustard. I also love that it only requires a few ingredients, most of which can already be found in my pantry! My husband and I devoured this dish, and we may or may not have licked the plates clean to get all that delicious sauce. All in all, this only took about 30 minutes total, which means I’ll DEFINITELY be saving it for busy weeknights!
Trust me, when you serve this chicken, in all its pretzel and honey mustard goodness, no one will know it’s actually a HEALTHY recipe! That’s right, each serving only has 271 calories, 3 g of fat, and 3 WW Smart Points! Y’all! Do you even realize how awesome that is? If I just saw those nutritional facts, I would expect a bland, tiny entree. But no, this is a recipe that your whole family will love!
So to recap: here are the reasons this recipe is awesome…
- It’s healthy
- It’s quick and easy
- It’s cheap
- It’s delicious!
What more do you need?!
- 4 (4 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup whole wheat flour (You can use regular flour. It tastes almost the same, but changes the nutrition facts a bit)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅓ cup honey mustard
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup salted pretzels (small sticks)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Pound the chicken to an even thickness.
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, salt, and black pepper together. In another shallow dish, combine the honey mustard and beaten egg whites.
- Crush the pretzels until they are a coarse bread crumb consistency. You can use a food processor or crush them in a ziploc bag with a rolling pin. Transfer pretzels to a third shallow dish and mix with the panko crumbs.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture and shake off the excess. Then, dip them in the egg/mustard mixture, and finally coat the chicken in the panko/pretzel mixture.
- Place chicken on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 16-20 minutes.
- Serve with additional honey mustard (not included in the calories/points listed)
WW Smart Points = 3
Source: Skinny Mom