If you’re looking for a delicious appetizer that is sure to be a hit at your next get-together (football party, Thanksgiving, Christmas, ANYTHING), you have come to the right place! Trust me, this is a recipe you’ll definitely want to save. I made these Glazed Pineapple Kielbasa Bites for a birthday party, and everyone was popping them like candy. Seriously, all of us were just standing around the platter for a half hour, eating one after another non stop. That’s how you know you’ve got a great appetizer.
These are also crazy simple to make! You only need 5 ingredients, and it takes very little prep work. After mixing together the glaze, I tasted it and was really surprised at how spicy it was! It made me nervous since not everyone likes spicy foods. But don’t fret! The sweet pineapple and savory kielbasa definitely evened out the spiciness. The finished product was not at all spicy, but just downright delicious. (Note: If you WANT yours to be spicier, you can add more chili sauce to the glaze!)
- 2 lbs. kielbasa, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 14 oz can pineapple slices, in juice, cut into bite size pieces (I think I cut each slice into 6 bites)
- 3 T teriyaki sauce
- 1 T sweet chili sauce
- 1 T honey
- 1 T pineapple juice from can
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and cover with nonstick spray.
- Place a piece of pineapple on top of a slice of kielbasa and stick a toothpick into them.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Bush glaze over tops and sides of bites
- Bake for 15 to 20 min.
Source: Real Housemoms