There’s just something so appetizing about a colorful meal! I love the bright red, green, yellow, and purple colors in this dish. And don’t worry, it doesn’t JUST look pretty, it tastes delicious too!
The prep work for this dish includes slicing the veggies and pounding the chicken until it’s thin, then rolling it up and securing with toothpicks. It’s definitely not difficult, but it can be a bit time consuming. I’d say it took me about 30 minutes to prep and then another 20 to bake. So all in all, it still took less than an hour, and we really enjoyed it! This had lots of flavor!
The only thing I would do differently is maybe sauté the veggies in oil for just a minute before wrapping in the chicken, just to make them a bit softer. However, my husband loved the crunchiness of the veggies in the chicken, so I guess it just depends on your preference!
This awesome meal is LESS THAN 300 CALORIES PER SERVING! And it’s only 5 Weight Watchers Smart Points. I love getting great recipes like this one sent to my inbox from eMeals. They have lots of menu options to choose from so you can find one that’s perfect for your family!
- 1.5 lb chicken cutlets (or breasts if cutlets aren't available)
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a baking dish or pan with non-stick spray.
- Lightly pound chicken to an even thickness, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt. Arrange bell peppers and onion over center of each chicken breast. Roll up chicken to enclose vegetables; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle outsides with Taco seasoning.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until browned. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is done.