Today’s recipe is one that is so simple, but SO GOOD! I wasn’t really sure how to categorize it. It’s kind of like a soup, but really it’s not exactly “soupy”. I suppose if you wanted it to be more soupy, you could add more chicken broth. You could also remove the sausage, and it would be more like a side dish–just beans with some spinach and seasoning. Heck you could even leave the sausage in and serve it as a side dish if you’d like. I bet it’d be amazing served up with some BBQ ribs or something.
Even though I’m not sure how to categorize this recipe, there are a few things I do know. For starters, it’s delicious and perfect for a chilly night! It’s also low in calories! This recipe makes 4 servings at 330 calories each. Sometimes low calorie meals leave us feeling hungry, but not this one. It’s hearty and filling. Lastly, this recipe is crazy easy to make and will take you less than 30 minutes. Serve it up with some crusty bread, and you’ve got yourself a delicious meal!
- 12 oz turkey kielbasa, sliced (chicken or beef kielbasa works great as well)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans of Cannellini beans
- 1 can of petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves
- Freshly cracked pepper and sea salt to taste
- Cook the kielbasa in a skillet over medium heat to get them nice and seared.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, combine broth and garlic. Bring to a simmer. Stir in the oil, oregano, and then beans. Add in tomatoes. Heat through till the beans are tender, about 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach one handful at a time to allow it to wilt. Add the cooked sausage. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To make this dish vegetarian, just leave out the kielbasa and replace the chicken broth with vegetable broth
Source: It’s My Side of Life