Hello again, Readers! Do you ever have one of those weeks or months where everything that could possibly break, does? We’ve had one of those months. Our glass stovetop cracked, my car needed new tires, then my laptop and phone died in the same week. Ugh. I’m thankful the Lord has provided for us, and our emergency savings were able to cover it all. But dang. It’s no fun! The death of my laptop is actually the reason why I haven’t been able to post in a couple weeks, and I hope you didn’t miss me too much!
With the recent rash of things breaking and spending money to fix them, my recipe theme for the last few weeks has been “cheap and easy!” plus, since my stovetop was broken, I ended up using my crockpot A LOT! So this Crockpot Garlic Bacon Chicken was the perfect mealtime solution. It only requires 5 ingredients, and I already had a few of them, so that took care of the CHEAP, and it only took minutes to prep, while the slow cooker did the rest of the work, so it was definitely EASY!
I honestly was surprised at how tasty this was. You can really taste both the bacon and the garlic, and it doesn’t just turn to mush in the slow cooker like I feared. I highly recommend serving this over rice, since it creates such a delicious sauce! We really enjoyed this dish!
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray
- Wrap 1 slice of bacon around each chicken breast and place in the slow cooker.
- Mix together soup, sour cream and flour. Pour mixture over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours
- Heat oven to broil. Carefully remove chicken from slow cooker and place on a broiler pan. Broil for 3-5 minutes, watching closely until bacon is crisp.
- To serve, spoon sauce over chicken.
I recommend serving over rice!
Source: Recipes that Crock