Mmmmmm don’t those photos just make your mouth water? I love the vibrant colors of this beautiful pizza! It tasted just as good (or better) than it looks. Instead of the typical marinara sauce, this pizza has creamy Italian salad dressing for the base, and man was it good! The rotisserie chicken, tomatoes, and bell peppers paired so well with the flavor of the dressing! But of course what really shined was the melted mozzarella and the fresh basil. Mmmmmm, y’all I’m getting hungry again just thinking about it!
Like most pizzas, this one was really easy to make and tasted delicious. Since I used a rotisserie chicken, there was very little to do except shred some chicken, chop some veggies, top on the crust, and bake! Unlike most pizzas, this one is actually pretty healthy! Only 350 calories per serving! The recipe for this beautiful, delicious, and low cal pizza came from my eMeals Low Calorie Meal Plan. They have over a dozen different meal plans available so you can find one that your family loves! Each week they send a week’s worth of recipes and a pre-made grocery list to your inbox. It’s amazing!
- 1 (12-inch) prebaked thin pizza crust
- 1⁄3 cup creamy Italian dressing
- 11⁄2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 11⁄2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup torn fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place crust on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet (or a pizza stone). Spread dressing over crust.
- Toss together chicken, bell pepper, tomatoes, oil, 1⁄4 tsp salt and 1⁄8 tsp pepper; spread over crust. Sprinkle with both cheeses.
- Bake 16 minutes or until cheese melts and crust is golden. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with basil. Let stand 3 minutes.