Everybody loves “One Pot” recipes because doing dishes is simply the worst. But I’m gonna tell you a secret…even with one pot recipes, you still have to do dishes — cutting boards, measuring cups, mixing bowls, and of course the single pot that your food is cooking in — they all still pile up in the sink surprisingly quickly. And even though “one pot” recipes have LESS dishes than most….ya still gotta wash dishes like a savage.
So, ladies and gentlemen, behold! A TOTALLY DISHLESS RECIPE. That’s right NO DISHES NEEDED WHATSOEVER! Heck, you don’t even need to wash a plate, if you want to just eat it straight out of the foil! Doesn’t that sound glorious!? If you hate dishes as much as I do, then you need to save this recipe (and possibly make it for dinner every night for the rest of your life).
Even though this meal is crazy simple to make, it’s actually really delicious! You get a lot of flavor wrapped up in those little foil packets. Corn, black beans, salsa, taco seasoning, cilantro, and cheese, it’s a whole meal in one! This is one you’ll definitely be making over and over.
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup salsa (choose one that is not really pureed or liquidy but more chunky)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 4 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 4 lime wedges
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Place four 18" x 12" pieces of heavy duty foil (or 2 layers of regular foil) on counter and spray each with cooking spray.
- Spoon 1/4 of the black beans on each piece of foil. Then top with corn. Then, using a slotted spoon to drain excess moisture, spoon 1/4 c of salsa on top of the veggies.
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and taco seasoning. Place chicken on top of veggies. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- Fold sides of foil up and roll the foil together, moving downward until 1"–2" from top of chicken. Seal the packet well, but make sure to leave enough space inside the packet for steam expansion.
- Place packets directly on grill. Grill for 20 minutes, or until the center is no longer pink. Cooking times may vary depending upon thickness of chicken breasts.
- Remove from grill and carefully open packets to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle 1/4 c of cheese on top of each piece of chicken, close foil and allow it to sit 2 minutes or until cheese has melted. Serve with a lime wedge for squeezing
You could easily cook this dish in the oven instead of on the grill. Simply place foil packets on a baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Source: Everyday Dishes