Before reading, you should know…I LOVE BROWN SUGAR! This may sound weird (probably because it is), but when I was little and I wanted a snack, I would sneak into our pantry and eat spoonfuls of brown sugar. So mom, if you’re reading this…sorry I ate all your brown sugar.
Seriously though, it’s so good. My love for brown sugar means that I also love anything cooked in brown sugar. And this chicken is no exception. The sugar just melts over the chicken to form a delicious sweet glaze. It’s also very nicely complimented by some pineapple. I had always heard of brown sugar and apple going well together, but never pineapple. Well I had been missing out, because they really go great together!
This recipe comes from the healthy-eating folks over at Spark People and has only 166 calories and 8 grams of fat. That’s amazing! If only all diet-friendly meals could taste this sweet and delicious, America’s obesity epidemic would be cured. It’s that good. This is also another great weeknight meal because it only takes about 30 minutes!
- 4 Tbsp Brown Sugar, unpacked
- 4 boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Light Butter
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Brown the garlic in the butter.
- Add chicken breasts to garlic and butter and cook thoroughly, adding salt and pepper as you like it.
- When chicken is fully cooked, add 1 Tbsp brown sugar on top of each breast. Allow the brown sugar to melt into the chicken (about 5 minutes)
- To serve, spoon remaining sauce in the skillet on top of chicken.
Source: Spark People