Oh my goodness! When I started blogging, I didn’t even know blog awards were a thing. And then once I discovered them, I never thought they’d be a thing that applied to me. I mean, I just share recipes and take pictures of food. But, you people (my readers) have been such an encouragement to me! Thank you for the awards, thank you for reading, and thank you for coming back! I truly hope that my blog has helped you or inspired you in some way.
I want to say a HUGE thank you to Sara Ann at Act Like a Lady Eat Like a Man for nominating me. I also want to apologize for accepting the award so late! Apparently I somehow missed the comment about a week ago and just realized it today! Sorry, I really do appreciate the nomination, and I do want to accept!
So here are 7 things you might not know about me: (though, since I’ve done this a couple of times, I’m running out of things you might not know!)
1. I have bad knees. It’s nothing debilitating or anything, but it gives me an excuse to not work out (except swimming which doesn’t hurt them)
2. I have a ridiculous fear of jellyfish. I’ve had some pretty intense encounters with them, and they’re my greatest fear. I still get in the ocean, but if I see one, I’m done swimming for the day.
3. I love Broadway musicals! Most of the ones I’ve seen have been on tour through Birmingham Broadway, but I’ve seen 3 in New York (Lion King, Phantom of the Opera, and Guys and Dolls)
4. I went to Africa a few months ago on a mission trip. We volunteered at orphanages and served in various capacities in Rwanda and Ethiopia. It was the most incredible experience of my life.
5. If I hadn’t majored in Music Education, my second choice would probably have been Neurology (way different, I know).
6. I totaled my car (convertible mustang) when I was 17. It wasn’t my fault though! I was stopped at a red light, facing downhill, and a jeep behind me was going too fast to stop. It swerved, flipped into the air, landed on my trunk and rolled over the top of my car, crushing the convertible top. Thank God I wasn’t hurt and neither were the 2 teenage boys in the jeep!
7. When I was doing my student teaching (which is pretty terrifying already), I taught a class of 60 high school boys (which is REALLY terrifying). One day, while I was struggling to teach them something, a bird flew into the room AND CHAOS ENSUED! Boys were leaping off of chairs, swinging binders at it, swinging chairs, trying to trap it in their jackets, etc. Not a single person was in their seat and everyone was yelling and jumping, and it was just totally insane. I couldn’t even shout over the roar to give instructions or take control. Eventually a boy slammed it with his hand and killed it (and cut a gash in his hand). It’s something I’ll never forget and often call to mind whenever my students are behaving like animals and I think…well…it could be worse.
Here are some blogs that I’d like to nominate for this award!
Here are the rules if you would like to accept this award!
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate up to 15 other bloggers that you admire or inspire you.
- Go leave a comment and let the people know you have nominated them.