Isn’t panko just the best? I use those little Japanese crumbs all the time. They’re just so crunchy and versatile! And to think, if you were to ask me a year ago what Panko was, I’d probably have guessed it was a board game.
This dish is another one you can put on the “make this when I don’t have much time” list because it’s so quick and simple. It’s also a weight watchers recipe, AND…the most important factor of all…it’s tasty! Ya know the “Shake N Bake” stuff where you get a little packet of seasoning and a baggie to coat your chicken? Well this kinda sorta tastes like Shake N Bake, only with more crispy texture, and less sodium.
Underneath the panko is a mustard mixture that acts as the “glue” that keeps the panko on the chicken. But it also adds so much flavor! And the coating really seals in the juices of the chicken so it’s deliciously crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. We really really enjoyed this dish!
- 2/3 c panko breadcrumbs
- 6 T shredded Parmesan
- 4 t olive oil
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- 4 T Dijon mustard
- 2 T water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a shallow dish, toss together panko, cheese, olive oil, salt & pepper.
- In another dish, combine mustard, & water.
- Coat chicken breasts in mustard mixture & dredge in panko mix. Bake on a sprayed baking sheet 25 – 30 min @ 400 or until golden brown.
WW Points = 7