Last night we had a little dinner party at our house. I served Skinny Lasagna Alfredo and this broccoli salad. I’ve had many different types of broccoli salad, but I gotta say, this one is my all time favorite. Next time you want to make a salad, but you don’t want to do the same boring old greens you always do, please consider this one! You won’t regret it!
For me, what sets this recipe apart from other broccoli salads is the lineup of ingredients. This has broccoli, bacon, cheese, and tomatoes in it. So really you could stop there and know for a fact that it’s gonna be good. I really liked the dressing for this too. I was afraid it would be too thick and creamy, but it turned out to be the perfect, light consistency and just added a little moisture and flavor to the salad. I really love the colors of this salad! Green broccoli, yellow cheese, red tomatoes, purple onions, it was a verifiable rainbow of deliciousness. It made me wish I had a clear glass bowl to put it in so everyone could see how pretty it is.
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 6 to 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional (I didn't use these because I'm not a raisin fan)
- 4 ounces sharp Cheddar, cut into very small chunks
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the head of broccoli into florets and into bite-size pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- Add the crumbled bacon, onion, raisins (if using), cheese, and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, stirring well. Add to broccoli mixture and toss gently.
Source: Paula Deen