I’M FINALLY BACK!!! Thank you SO MUCH for being patient while we update the site! It’s also been a VERY busy summer so far. Between working full time, updating the website, preparing to lead a mission trip to Africa, having eye surgery, baking/cooking for several special occasions and LOTS of other stuff, I haven’t had much time at all to breathe! I’d rather be busy than bored though, so it’s not so bad. My husband and I will be leaving to go to Rwanda on a mission trip on Tuesday so we’ve got a bunch of stuff to do this week to prepare, BUT I’m still going to try and post several recipes before then. It’s been so long since I was able to post that I’ve got TONS of new recipes to share with you!
The only time that the hubs and I have had to relax this summer was during a quick weekend beach trip. It was GORGEOUS weather, and it felt so nice to be able to just sit and read a book or lay in the sunshine. We totally unplugged from our busy lives, and it was much needed! As you can tell from the picture, these BLT wraps were enjoyed overlooking the ocean. They were REALLY good! If you like BLT sandwiches, you will LOVE this! I actually prefer it to the sandwich version.
These are simple and easy to throw together. Perfect for a lunch at the beach or even dinner after a busy workday! I’ve actually been craving them since we got home.
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 4 burrito sized tortillas
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (reduced fat is good too)
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- In a small bowl, toss quartered grape tomatoes with a dash of salt and pepper. Add lettuce and bacon.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine softened cream cheese with mayo and dijon mustard. Mix well.
- Stir BLT mixture into sauce.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the 4 large burrito sized tortillas. Place the mixture on the bottom 1/3 of the tortilla.
- Roll the wrap up tightly and cut in half on a diagonal.
Source: Center Cut Cooks