For those of you on pinterest, you have probably seen this recipe. It has become wildly popular lately! However, the picture going around on pinterest has nice golden brown crescent roll pockets, while mine are…not so golden brown. They still tasted great, but after pouring the sauce on top of the crescent pockets in the baking dish, they just were too moist to get browned well.
Even though mine LOOK doughy, the crescent rolls did still bake all the way through and just made a nice little bread pocket for the chicken and cheese. The creamy sauce is yummy too! This dish is pretty simple, but it takes some patience trying to wrap up the filling inside the crescent dough. I used 8 regular sized rolls, but it’d probably be easier using the Jumbo crescent rolls (but they only come in packs of 6). All in all, this is a delicious, family pleasing dish!
- 1 can of crescent rolls (8 count regular or 6 count jumbo)
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can of milk (using soup can)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare soup, according to directions on can, using milk instead of water, and set aside.
- Separate crescent rolls. Spoon chicken and cheese onto each crescent; roll and seal to enclose filling.
- Place in a 9×13 baking dish. Pour soup over rolls.
- Bake uncovered for 30 mins.
Source: Comfy in the Kitchen