Have y’all just been LOVING this weather?! I don’t know about where you live, but it has been the PERFECT mid 70s, sunny, and a light breeze kinda weather. This winter was especially frigid, so I am thrilled to finally have some warmth! It’s that beautiful time of year when you don’t have to turn on the heat OR the air conditioning and just open up your windows to let the breeze flow through the house……glorious!
This dish is the perfect compliment to beautiful weather. It is best enjoyed on a porch, back deck, or by a pool! Look at those bright red tomatoes! No more icky pale tomatoes that you get in winter. This was so easy to throw together and only took about TEN MINUTES to make! My frozen Lean Cuisines take like almost that much time to microwave and they certainly don’t taste as good as this. And on top of being quick, easy, and delicious, it’s also low cal! I got the recipe from my Low Cal eMeals plan which I absolutely love.
- 6 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons blackened seasoning
- 1½ lb tilapia fillets
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1½ cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into 12 slices
- 6 hoagie rolls, toasted
- Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, and hot sauce in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle blackened seasoning evenly over fish. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish to hot oil; cook in batches, if necessary, 3 minutes per side or just until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove from heat, and cut fish into 6 equal portions. Place ¼ cup lettuce, 2 tomato slices, and 1 portion of fish on bottom half of each roll. Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture over cut side of each roll top. Cover sandwiches with roll tops.