Hello, Everyone! I am sorry to say it has been a couple weeks since I last posted. I try to publish at least once a week, but I have been outrageously busy. In a couple days I leave for Haiti and will be gone for a week, so I wanted to make sure to post before hopping on the plane! I hope you can forgive my absence!
So last week was Independence Day here in the good ol’ USA. It’s my favorite holiday. I hate that I didn’t have a special 4th of July post for you all, BUT I do have a pretty fantastic one to share today! This Broiled Pineapple was ssssooooooo good! In the summer, we eat tons of fruit. It’s a side dish with almost every meal on these hot summer days. Pineapple is one of our favorites, and this recipe takes it to a whole new level of deliciousness! My husband and I ate an entire pineapple in one sitting, just the two of us. It’s that good. The sweet pineapple is made even sweeter with brown sugar, honey, and cinnamon, and the yogurt makes the perfect topping.
This recipe came from my eMeals Low Calorie Menu Plan. One of the main reasons I love eMeals is because there is such variety in the meals and also in the side dishes! I am not creative enough to come up with dishes like this on my own!
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 11⁄2 Tbsp honey, divided
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 (7-oz) carton 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat broiler.
- Stir together brown sugar, orange juice, 1⁄2 Tbsp honey and cinnamon in a bowl. Add pineapple, tossing to coat.
- Spread coated pineapple in a single layer on an aluminum foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Broil 5 minutes or until pineapple begins to caramelize.
- Meanwhile, stir together yogurt, 1 Tbsp honey and vanilla. Divide pineapple among 6 bowls; top each serving with yogurt mixture.