There’s something about casseroles that I just love. Maybe it’s how it’s a whole meal in one dish. Or maybe it’s that they’re such a part of Southern culture. Casseroles are also perfect for taking to church potlucks and for delivering to your friend who’s just had a baby (or surgery). I’m in the stage of life where many of my friends are having babies, and I’m cranking out casseroles left and right to help them manage their time with their new little one. Not that I’m complaining. On the contrary, cooking for people is my love language, and I’m glad I can help my friends and their families by bringing them food!
This casserole though, was cooked just for me and the hubby…and we LOVED IT! Whichever friend has a baby next can possibly expect me to bring this to their house :-). This dish was so simple, I had finished all the prep work by the time the oven had preheated! Now that’s fast. One bite of this dish, and the hubby said “Whoa! That’s great!”. We also loved how CHEAP this meal is! I already had every ingredient on hand except for the chicken and the stuffing mix. That means each serving cost just pennies to make! And even if you need to buy all the ingredients, it’s still a very budget-friendly meal.
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) Stove Top Stuffing Mix for Chicken
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and place in a sprayed 3-qt baking dish. Sprinkle with basil and cheese.
- Mix tomatoes, stuffing mix, water and garlic just until stuffing mix is moistened. Spread on top of chicken and cheese.
- Bake 30 min. or until chicken is done.
Source: Kraft Recipes