Happy Friday, everyone! I hope you’ve got some fun, relaxing weekend plans as you recuperate from the work week. I know we’ll be parking in front of the TV tomorrow to watch some college football! Hopefully this weekend Auburn will beat Texas A&M and LSU will beat Alabama :-). These bacon wrapped cream cheese crackers are the perfect, totally addicting snack to serve at your football party. (Or for an appetizer at Thanksgiving!).
These are super simple, but they do take some time to assemble, and 2 more hours in the oven. So just make sure you plan ahead! Your whole house will smell AMAZING from the bacon cooking in the oven. These crackers are a guaranteed hit at your party. Because who doesn’t love bacon, cream cheese, and crackers? No one that’s who. And I’m not kidding about them being addicting…no matter how many you make, they will ALL be eaten.
- 60 Club Crackers (about 2 sleeves)
- 2 lbs of bacon (just regular, don't use the thick cut)
- 1 (8 oz.) block of cream cheese, softened (reduced fat is fine)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Prepare 2 pans (that can fit side-by-side in the oven) by covering them with foil. Then place a cooling rack or broiling rack on top of the pan. Spray with cooking spray.
- Spread cream cheese onto each cracker. I used about a teaspoon each, but really don't overthink the amount. Just spread it on, but not too thin.
- Cut the bacon in half. Wrap each cracker with a half piece of bacon.
- Place each wrapped cracker onto the prepared racks on the pans.
- Bake for 2 hours.
You could leave out the cream cheese entirely, and these would still be good.
You could also use grated parmesan cheese or brown sugar in place of the cream cheese.